An ultrasound this morning disclosed that little Vivian is weighing in at an estimated SEVEN POUNDS ALREADY! With 4 weeks to go, it seems unfortunately likely that she will come close to my heavytitle of over nine pounds as a newborn.
Some birthing manuels suggest visualizing 'opening like a lotus flower'. I am thinking garage door.

Some birthing manuels suggest visualizing 'opening like a lotus flower'. I am thinking garage door.

10 comments:
I wouldn't put too much stock in their estimate. At 38 weeks preggo I was told Claire was a giant 8-9 lbs. Well...at 1.5 weeks late she was actually 7lbs 8oz.
The same thing happened to Tracy too. She was induced, in part, because of a giant 10 lb baby that actually turned out to be about 8 lbs.
Meredith, knowing how big you were as a baby, this might be karma at work. We wish you well.
Just to give you more hope, G "measured" via ultrasound at about 9 pounds and counting as my due date passed, but she weighed in at a dainty 6 lbs. 13 oz. a full 10 days over-ripe!
In measuring news, they're telling me I'm measuring a little big now, at 30 weeks, so I'll have an U/S at my next appt, to check the status of this little munchkin.
Also...it was exciting to hear you have officially picked your name...Yay!
And who is that sumo wrestler baby, by the way?
Yes, I don't think they really know how much the babies weigh!!
I like to think you were thinking of me when you named this post 'oh dear.' :)
Well, I guess it's true what the say about Texas, huh? You guys make some big babies out there! But on the bright side, she'll probably be talking and walking within a week of coming home. : ) And happy as can be, of course (most importantly).
I agree, those doctors don't have a clue. They told me the day they induced labor (1 wk late I might add) that Austin was a small to medium baby not even close to 8 lbs. 13 hours later the wonders of modern techology and a great epidural gave us our 9.7lb baby boy. The doctors first words were, "Wow, I didn't think he was going to be this big. I just hope for your sake they are erring on the side of caution with V's weight :-)
I'm going to go against the grain here, and say those doctors are right on! In fact I think your baby will be 9 lbs at least!! Sumo baby here we come! Are you excited?? I'm excited!!!
-Stovy.
PS. What's up w/ your blog not allowing anonymous comments anymore. It took me an extra 5 minutes to find our username and password. Damn Learning curves.
Do the new blogger templates force you to "label" entries? I don't like how the picture of that obese child is labeled "vivian"
: ( She'll be a stick like her mommy, I'm sure of it, (with a few healthy rolls of blubber): )
Post a Comment