Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bigger and Better!



When Zach turned 2, he was still piecing together 2 word sentences. No trouble making himself understood, he was just a minimalist. No more. For better or worse, we have a much clearer idea of what's happening in his head these days. When he woke me yesterday, he said "Want to see a beaver?" Then he pointed to a beaver and said, "That's a beaver! What does a Beaver say?" I don't know... "A beaver says, "Brpp brpp!" A teacher in training.



This morning, when I turned to changing Vivian's diaper and away from helping him turn somersaults, he said, "I don't like that baby." He's also been known to tell me "Put Vivian down, Mommy." Or, "Vivian take a nap!" So much for a rivalry-less relationship. Because the whining has recently been cranked up to intolerable levels, namely when I am fussing over Vivian, I taught him to say, "I need some ATTENTION please!" The whining has been marginally reduced. We are headed in the right direction, I think.



With greater vocabulary has come greater independence. So I was more proud than sad the other night when I laid down to cuddle him in bed, and he said, "I don't wike it; I don't WIKE a Mommy take-a nap!" Touche, little man. It's your bed, I'm just a visitor here at your discretion!

Vivian is making up for some of my lost cuddles. She's reached prime cuddly age, wanting to be held all the time. Smiles, grins and coos are the mainstay of my diet these days. It's pretty nice, if I do say so myself!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and happy baby! And Z is getting bigger by the day, love the "attention please" - it's perfect!

The Keenans said...

Oh, we have to come visit! Zachary would be great fun! And Vivian is as cute as ever...yep, we've got to come visit!

Basia said...

I'm tempted to try this "Attention Please" tactic with Gabby. Will let you know how it goes. :)

The Stovalls said...

Love the art. It needs to be framed and hung, not just on the fridge. Maybe in the hall or entry.

John Todd said...

Do you think I could use the "attention please" on my wife?