Catching up, once again, we had a lovely Easter celebration this year. We started reading books and talking about the Easter bunny about a month before the big day. Excitement built as we made plans to go to church (!), brunch with friends, and hunt eggs all over town. In anticipation, Zach attended several pre-Easter egg hunts. Practice rounds, really. He started to get the hang of this whole, Easter-Bunny-loves-me-and-brings-me-special-treats thing. After seeing a neighbor's grandson scuttling about on his bicycle, he insisted that the Easter Bunny was going to bring him a Toot Wheeled bike. Given the sugar shots the E.B. injects in to our young boy, I thought it only fair that she give him an outlet for all that foreign energy, and I gave her the go-ahead.
So here's how it went down: the kids checked out their goodie baskets, Zach cruised on his new bike, and we suited up in our Sunday best. We went to church, made a rukus and cut out of there before anyone could catch us. (I think Zachary can be accurately quoted as having said "I don't LIKE church." while we were seated in pew 6 during the sermon.) We came home for a FANTASTIC brunch on the deck with the D'Andreas. (They also went to church and misbehaved, but I don't think they will admit to it.) Naps commenced, and all was quiet for a little while. Then we hit our third, no, make that fourth, Easter egg hunt.
It was a good time. Except, the candy mysteriously disappeared shortly after Easter. Doesn't the E.B. know about no-take-backs?
3 comments:
Hey, our Easter candy disappeared too! How odd. The kids are as cute as usual!
LOVE Zach's quote, especially for the location
I like your EB, but you have to keep your egg inerds a secret. We managed to fool Austin that the SoCal EB only delivers Strawberries...
Post a Comment