Saturday, February 03, 2007

1/2 Child From Being an Average American Family

The new baby's here! The new baby's here! These are the kind of spontaneous events that make people!

Announcing the birth of Vivian Sophia Diana Weiss.

There are other pictures that will be included later, once located -- my father took a bunch of shots, including one with Uncle Spencer holding the girl as he previously held the boy, but I managed to misplace the CD.

Here's Mer the night before the big day, in WeeV's new room, formerly my office:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Speaking for myself, it was a much easier birth than the previous one. It certainly took less time. I asked to help with the delivery, like my friend Louis had, but the OB laughed me off. I was left with cord cutting duties. Luckily, I cut flesh with a certain panache. Here, I'm handing WeeV to her mom after she's been weighed and wrapped up:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


The newborn checks out the outside of her mom:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Her first bath - not a happy scene:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


First yawn, post-bath:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


First video footage:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I had our wedding cake folks make Mer a baby-havin' cake. Here the boy eyeballs it greedily (he gets that from me):


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Vivian at 1 week old:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Meeting Nibbitz:


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

11 comments:

The Keenans said...

She is the most beautiful baby!! I can't stand how cute she is! I know it's still early, but I think she looks JUST like you, Mere - Congrats on an adorable, healthy baby girl - we can't wait to meet you, WeeV!

Svoboda Family said...

Congratulations guys! She is a doll. Here's wishing you good eats, sleeps and poops.

Jen & Louis

Tracy said...

What gorgeous photos...also, Meredith, I find it totally unjust that you get to look that great just before and after having a baby! Give her a big sloppy kiss for me!

The Keenans said...

After watching the video again, Mere, I think if you put a pink crocheted hat on your head and took a picture, you and Vivian would be twins : )

Familia de Garcia said...

Guys, my hats off to you to yet another beutiful child. May your nights be peaceful and her days be healthy.

P.S. Meredith, I hate to say it but you look like you should be holding some numbers in front of your chest in that second pregnant pic. :-)

Amanda said...

Easily one of the five cutest babies I have ever seen in my whole life! Absolutely adorable. And Mere, your hair is looking great! Congratulations!

The Stovalls said...

How beautiful - Mere and Vivian. We are so glad you all are happy and healthy!

VDV Family said...

She's a beauty! I don't know how you managed to be all belly once again Mere! You look/looked fabulous. We also see Meredith in Vivian big time. Congratulations again. Zach looks thrilled with the cake...at least (:

mabella said...

Congratulations to this grand family! The little one (and big boy too) are just so precious! You both sure do have pretty babies.

ErinBW said...

She is gorgeous!! (and well dressed)

Bessa said...

I have to chime in, when I saw those photos I thought, "she sure looks familiar - she must look a lot like Meredith."
--Britta