Thursday, February 15, 2007

two steps forward, one step back...

So, Zach is totally on board with the baby thing now. Sort of. I think he realized the perks of having a baby when I brought her into his school one afternoon, and all the hottie toddlers surrounded her like bees to honey. Anyway, now he asks for 'baby' regularly -- especially when he is trying to find an excuse to stay up a little later. "Baby?" he says, if she is not in sight, "Kiss baby?" How can I resist THAT? So he kisses her through the rungs of his crib... first the cheek, then the head. Very sweet. Even more sweet is when it's totally free of alterior motive -- he smooched her with no prompts as she lay on a chair this afternoon. (I'll post a photo when it's no longer 20 degrees in Jesse's unheated office and I am not to weenie to go in there. And yes, I am well aware that this is the second time this week that I have promised photos that I have yet to deliver.)


As for the steps back, he has sobbed every morning that we have dropped him off at school this week. Really big painful sobs. Yesterday, Ms. Iris called me an hour after he was dropped off, thinking perhaps he was sick, since it is SO out of character for him to cry at all there, let alone for a full hour. But, the appearance of trusty Martinskers made things better in the end. It's a tough thing, adjusting to this little sister.

3 comments:

carrie said...

Hang in there Z. It gets better. Eventually she will be big enough to pick on. :)

Basia said...

Thanks for the updates. Ugh...I'm not looking forward to this transition with Gabby!

Familia de Garcia said...

Poor lil' guy. I guess as adults we never really think of how traumatic the addition of a sibling is. It's a good thing Martin was there to save the day.