
Our poor Vivian continues to be a barfy, poor sleeping mess. Last Monday, we took her into Dr. Brown suspecting acid reflux, and our suspicions were confirmed. Relieved to have an explanation, we put her on meds and starting letting her sleep upright. She slept great 4 nights out of 6, but I don't even want to recount the events of the remaining 2. Days are also sporadicaly good -- we had 2 days where she went the WHOLE day without napping more than 10 minutes. Let me tell you, that's a lot of jostling, walking and driving for us parents.
Today we took her back to Dr. Brown to start her up on a second medication, since the first is clearly inadequate. We also discovered she hasn't gained any weight in the last 2 weeks. Not for lack of supply, I can assure you, but something about nursing makes her pull away in tears nearly every time she eats. Could it be the heartburn? So now we will be dosing her four times a day with meds that she hates the taste of, and feeding her more often. Both of these things make her vomit more.
Here's hoping our girl starts feeling less burn and more fullness.
On the up side, I got her something she's always wanted at a Kid Genius close-out sale -- a super girly, crazy pink Room Seven diaper bag! I justify the purchase by suspending disbelief and pretending she will use it as an overnight bag someday.
3 comments:
Poor Viv. She certainly looks like she's growing into a beautiful young lady in the photo, though. I hope this shall soon pass.
Sorry to hear about the reflux. Have you heard of the Amby Baby Hammock. Heard the are great for reflux babies. http://www.ambybaby.com/
I can also hook you up with Robyn's email (Lavi's wife) if you need some support. She is a reflux expert with 2 reflux kids. I don't think the woman has slept in 3 years. :( but she probably has lots of advice and ideas.
So sorry to hear the first meds weren't working! Thinking of you!
Post a Comment